Monday, February 24, 2020

Becoming New Hampshire's Kid Governor

When I first learned about the Kid Governor program, I knew right away that I was going to run. I wasn’t expecting to win. My campaign came from my own love of being outdoors, watching the sky, exploring the woods, building snow forts, and swimming in crystal-clear lakes. I thought about how little time people spend outdoors, and I wanted to do something.

The program taught me in more ways than one! I learned all about the government, but I also learned about all sorts of other things that my friends and Executive Council had campaigned on.


Finding out that I was the next Kid Governor was a real shock, and it may have been one of the best and happiest days of my life! And the craziest thing was, I didn’t even know it. I almost cried when I tried to talk. I was almost speechless!

Seeing my friends all clustered outside the window during recess when I was learning more about the process of Kid Governor was so amazing! They were all there, almost my whole class!

The moment I stepped outside, I was swarmed! And it was great!

This month’s challenge is to try a new outdoor sport. Skiing is one of my personal favorites! Many people also enjoy ice skating. Or maybe go sledding, it’s easy and fun! Enjoy the snow!

3 comments:

Every Vote Matters!

   Every Vote Matters!  In every election, every vote counts, even though you might not realize it. One vote could turn the tide of an elect...